Entitled Capital Matters the research is taking an asset based development approach and is focussing on two areas:
- Expanding understanding and recognition of the diversity of business models supporting creative practice across the arts and cultural sector, how they are evolving and the factors that will enable that diversity to flourish further.
- Identifying the potential for developing a new generation of specialist financial providers funding and investing in creative practice.
Together with a broad range of industry leaders and a programme of consultations with front line creative practitioners and organisations across England and in Scotland, three interdependent issues are being examined:
- The potential for expanding the range of different kinds of financial capital available;
- The development of the skills and knowledge needed to use them and
- The revision of policy and infrastructure frameworks to enable the speedy evolution of both the above.
You can read more about it here: